About East CLC
The state-of-the-art East Community Learning Center opened to students on September, 1, 2010.
- Our teachers have an average of 19 years of experience, and 84% hold a master's degree or higher.
- East participates in the "High Schools That Work" program.
East CLC Programs:
East CLC 9-12 offers high-quality academic and career education programs, including:
- Nationally-recognized certification in welding, automotives, hospitality/restaurant management, e-commerce/marketing, information technology/networking, and engineering and robotics
- Tech prep business
- Advanced Placement classes in American History, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English and European History
- Honors-level classes in Algebra II/Trigonometry, Biochemical Systems, Geometry, Physical Science, U. S. History and World History
- "Reality Check," a program that allows students to explore real-world experiences
- Tutoring is offered during the school day and after school, with a focus on improving writing and higher-order thinking skills
East CLC Student Achievements:
- Each year, our graduates earn thousands of dollars in scholarships.
- Our Marine JROTC is one of the top programs in the country.
- The East CLC Engineering and Robotics team is top-ranked at both state and national levels and recently received the Young Entrepreneurs award for the Quizmaster Company.
- East also has a very active and supportive Alumni Association.
History of East CLC 9-12
The state-of-the-art East CLC Campus opened to students on September 1, 2010. The original East High School was constructed in 1918 and was located at 45 N. Martha Ave. This building later became Goodyear Middle School when East High School was re-located to the 80 Brittain Road location, which was constructed and opened in 1955 and renovated in 1971. The new East CLC is the first high school to be completed as part of the Akron Community Learning Centers project. The East CLC (7-8 campus) was open to students on September 1, 2011.